Monday, June 09, 2008

Week of June 8th 2008

I am coming off a great weekend. I biked 52 miles on both Saturday and Sunday in the wine country and a little bit in the mountains. My pace was about 14.5 miles per hour which included a couple of stops for trains, navigating through small towns and exporing a bit. I plan to do the 2007 bike route on Saturday morning with a little extra to hit 60 miles.

My workout schedule for next week is shown below.

Sunday - Brick: Bike 52 miles and Run 4.5 miles.

This was a great victory today. I felt good on the bike and recovered pretty well after each hill. I didn't hit very hard ones, mostly because I wanted to do the run afterwards and also because I had completed 52 miles on the bike the day before.

Monday - Swim 2,500 meters in a wetsuit.

First time practicing in a wetsuit and it felt pretty good. The suit was little tight in the arm pits but I got used to it. Afterwards, I went to my favorite Irish pub in Wiesbaden and had a Genius and watched the European Cup Match.

Tuesday - Run 5 miles

Ran a good pace, roughly 9 minute miles for four miles. The first 2 miles was up hill and I pushed it going up and stretched it out a little ont he down hill.

Wednesday - Swim 2,500 - 3,000 in wetsuit.

I decided to run 6 miles today rather than swim outdoors in a wetsuit. It was a little chilly for the water but prefect weather for a run. I ran my best 6 miles to date with a 9.0pace. What was good about the run was that I am hitting the hills harder than I use to and I'm improving. Tomorrow, I'll swim indoors and maybe jog about 2-3 miles.

Thursday - Run 4-5 miles.
REST

Friday - 3,000 meter swim and a 2.5 mile run

I decided to rest on Thursday and do a swim followed by a run. The run was relatively easy so that I could work on my biking on Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday - Swim 3,500 Meters and Bike 60 miles

I did 58 miles today on the hills in the neighboring villages surrounding Wiesbaden. While on my ride this monring, I met up with a bike tour group and went with them through the hills. I met a couple of very nice people that biked about my pace. THe German people have been extremely friendly and always helpful. I skipped the swim because bike took a lot out of me today. I'm going to go 60 -70 tomorrow easy and then do a 6 mile run. Overall this has been a good week training.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home