Sunday, June 15, 2008

Week of June 15th

I had good workouts last week and I was pleased with my progress. I am more confortable on the hills in both the running and biking. I feel like I have figured out how to work the hills on the bike. I need to relax my shoulders and legs during the up hill. I recover nice ont he down hills and at times I am moving at over 30 miles an hour downhill.

My workout schedule for next week is shown below.

Sunday - Brick: Bike 52 miles and Run 4.5 miles.

I went a little longer on the bike. My legs felt a little tired today. Most likely from the 58 miles I did on the hills through the wine country. I skipped the run today to let my legs rest. I'll do the run in the morning on Monday.

Monday - Swim 1,500 meters

Swam about 1,300 meters. The pool was very crowded and I couldn't get my meters higher.

Tuesday - Run 5 miles

I ran 7 miles today and I really felt good. The first 3.5 miles were uphill and the last 3.5 miles were downhill. I took it easy coming down because my left heel and knee hurt a little again. It must be the way my foot/leg are landing as I come down the hills.

Wednesday - Swim 2,500 - 3,000 and Run 6 miles

Work prevented me from swimming but I ran 5 miles very easy today. My left knee and heel are hurting a little. Although I took a different route through the forrest today, the hills were ever present.

Thursday - Run 4 miles.

I ran 5 miles. I felt good and I'm definitely getting stronger on the hills.

Friday - 3,000 meter swim and a 3 mile run

I swam 2,500 meters today with a 500 meter warmup, 5 - 200s, 100 easy and then 10-100s. Felt good in the pool. I just need to put more time in with better workouts.

Saturday - Swim 3,500 Meters and Bike 60 - 70 miles

I biked 62 miles today and then added a 6 mile run to the end (BRICK). I really felt good but my legs were dead at the end. I hope I didn't burn them out for another 60 miles on thebike tomorrow.

Here are a few pictures from my ride and run today.

Bike and Run Scenery

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home