Sunday, June 22, 2008

Week of June 22nd - Wiesbaden - Germany

I had a second stong week of workouts this past week and I am working to put in another strong week. The hills are getting a lot easier now. I am moving through hills that at one time would have made me either stop or fight through it with pain. One thing that I am really looking forward to is getting a new cassette on my bike. I currently have a 12-23 cogset and I will be getting a 12-27 cogset. This should allow me to move through the 70.3 a little easier.



Here is a view from Saturday's bike ride.









My workout schedule for next week is shown below.

Sunday - Bike 48 miles


A picture of the vineyards just outside a small village called Hausen.



I took it easy today and only biked 48 of the 60 that I had planned. I did a 62 mile ride yesterday and then did the 6 mile run and therefore, I felt a little tight today.

Monday - Swim 3,000 meters

Tuesday - Run 6-8 miles

Wednesday - Swim 2,500 - 3,000 and Run 5 miles

Ran 8.5 miles.

Thursday - Run 4 miles.

None, work.

Friday - 3,000 meter swim and a 3 mile run

No swim nor run. Work is starting to slow me down.

Saturday - Bike 60 - 70 miles

I biked 71 miles today although it was an ugly ride. About half way into the ride it started to rain while I was in the hills so I rode down to Lorch to get to the nearest town (about 10 miles way). I then got a flat abuot halfway between Lorch and Rudesheim. I did however, conquer two of my nemisist hills without stopping. I getting better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home