Saturday, September 13, 2008

September 13th - Getting back in the Groove



It's been a while since my last update to my blog. After the Wiesbaden 70.3, I haven't been training as much as I should have however, I did do a Sprint Triathlon one week after the70.3. To my surprise, I did very well in both races.

The 70.3 was my first half and I did (in my mind) a very smart race. I went out easy on the swim (33 minutes) - rather conservative so that I would not be to tired on the bike. The bike course was very hilly. There was a 10% grade on one of the many hills. My time on the bike was 3 hours and 48 minutes. I ran fairly well for the first 8 miles but the last 5 miles were tough but I made it with a 2:14. Total time for the race was 6.42.

One week later I flew home and participated in the Island Lake Sprint (Michigan). I was a little apprehensive for a number of reasons, could I recover after the half a week earlier, would I have jet lag and I had my 17 year old road bike to use. As it turned out, the Sprint was my best time ever with a total time of 1:14. I finished the half mile swim in 12:26, the 11.6 mile bike in 35.?? and the 5K run in 24.??.

Well, I have been jogging and swimming lately. I'm getting ready for the Detroit half-Marathon in October and I'm going to be shooting for the Disney Marathon in January.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home